Many foreign countries require a travel visa in addition to a passport. You can apply for a visa at the nearest consulate of each country in which you plan to travel. At a minimum, the person will require a valid passport to obtain a visa. When the visa is granted, the passport will be stamped indicating the visa was issued and the expiration date of the visa. Many countries require at least 6 months of validity on the passport before issuing the visa. Some people believe that a country does not need a visa because its surrounding countries do not. However, this is not correct when it comes to countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
Here are some steps to get a travel visa
(1) Contact the consulate of the country you plan to visit for VISA requirements and procedures.
(2) Ask if they require a tourist visa to travel to this country.
(3) Request an application by mail, if a visa is necessary.
(4) Get all the necessary documents and instructions for completing the forms.
(5) Complete the application as soon as you get it. State the estimated length and nature of your visit where required.
(6) Keep a copy of your application for your records.
(7) Attach any required fee and photos, and submit the original application to the consulate. Make sure to submit it early, since processing can take many weeks.
(8) Make an appointment for an interview, if an interview is required.
(9) Once you have your interview scheduled, you have to arrive on time. If you do not arrive on time you can lose your appointment and your application fee. Make sure to take your personal documents with you to the interview such as your passport, bank statements and any other document that are required. Upon processing your information your visa will be approved or rejected. If denied, a stamp will be put in your passport. If approved, your passport will be kept for the day it takes to print the visa. Once you have your travel visa, you are ready to visit the country